Sunday, June 01, 2014

The Yearly Musical, the next CD, and other things

If you have perused this blog, you will notice that I am the Sound Director for the musical every year at North Port High School. This year the Drama Dept. did "Hairspray" and despite my initial reservations, they did a marvelous job. It was funny and fast-paced, very retro, and cool. For this show, I decided to run the sound board myself, using my intrepid crew of three for running script, comm, and sound effects. All in all, it went pretty well, but I still think we need a new board and cardioid microphones. Maybe next year.

As it stands right now, we are going to have Digital Video Production as a class at NPHS next year. We are supposed to get 20 Macintosh computers with Final Cut Pro X and Adobe Premier. We have been without a class like this for three years, so I'm really excited to have it back. Our goal is have third year students take the certification exam for both editing suites, which would be a first for high schools. More on that when we get started.

I am currently working on the next "now that they're here" music project, tentatively titled "like a lighthouse gone mad from loneliness". I have 8 songs written so far and plan on going into production in June (after school is out.) Looking forward to tracking…and playing rhythm guitar (for once) since I've been teaching myself to play for the past year. Not exactly Jimmy Page, but it works. Still plan on using others for bass and lead guitar.

As usual, I am having issues with Pro Tools. This is a constant in my studio...I have no idea why... but suffice it to say that I'll eventually work out the problems and we will go from there.

No comments: