Sunday, March 01, 2015

Continue to continue

Kevin Brislin at WASA/WHDG, Maryland, 1980
Here it is six months later and I could probably just copy my previous post and it would pretty much sum up what I've been up to lately. "like a lighthouse gone mad from loneliness" is a lot closer to being completed, but there are a few snags that I have to iron out before I feel like I can say it is done. First, I've asked Fred Nowicki (guitarist for the CD "Auschwitz Bound" by now that they're here…you know, my group?) to work on a few songs that I think are in serious need of a lead guitar line. If he can ever get his head above water, there are about three such songs I need him to work on.

Secondly, I need to get David Alvarez over to The Barn to record bass on a few songs also. I've used keyboard bass sounds before and most of time no one can tell the difference between a real bass and a keyboard, but there are times when a note slide really works well…and I can't do that on keyboard. Hopefully I can get Dave over in the next few weeks (although I'll be gone for the entire Spring Break, so there goes that opportunity.)

On other news, I had Tony Tartaglia over to The Barn to do voiceover work for movie theatre commercials he does for his restaurant Cluck U Chicken here in North Port, FL. Tony has a deep, sonorous voice that is perfect for commercial work. We are both hoping to do more projects together in the near future. It was a lot of fun and a great session.

As for the above picture, I was going through some old snapshots and found this one of me back when I was a radio announcer. I still have nightmares of working there and having all the news feeds die simultaneously as I realize I have ten seconds until airtime. I HATE those dreams.

No comments: